Randy Krum
President of InfoNewt.
Data Visualization and Infographic Design

Infographic Design

Infographics Design | Presentations
Consulting | Data Visualizations

DFW DataViz Meetup

Join the DFW Data Visualization and Infographics Meetup Group if you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area!

Search the Cool Infographics site

Custom Search




The Cool Infographics® Gallery:

How to add the
Cool Infographics button to your:

Cool Infographics iOS icon

- iPhone
- iPad
- iPod Touch


Read on Flipboard for iPad and iPhone

Featured in the Tech & Science category

Flipboard icon

Twitter Feed
From the Bookstore

Caffeine Poster

The Caffeine Poster infographic

« The History of NFL Logo Designs | Main | Drones Kill - Animated, Interactive Visualization »

UK Income Tax and National Insurance

Income Tax and National Insurance - What are you really paying? is a new infographic video explanation from the team at See What You Mean that helps unravel the complexity of the UK tax system.

The UK’s taxes on people’s wages are needlessly complex and obscure. Produced with the team from See what you mean, the video highlights how National Insurance is a second income tax in all but name.

Previous YouGov polling for the TPA has shown that many people are not aware of how much tax they actually pay. The video makes clear the real rates of tax people pay when Employee’s National Insurance and Employer’s National Insurance are factored in.

Thanks to Richard for sending in the link!

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments (4)

I have nothing to do with income tax actually (because I am not from UK) but what really catches my attention is how this video was made. I find it very effective and easier to understand. With cute designs and catchy ideas, this advertisement rules!
June 1, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMarianne Wallson
Very well illustrated post there. The video clearly shows how National Insurance is affecting the rates of taxes people actually pay. Good job! I am not from UK but this post really caught my eye.
June 11, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterKoena
National insurance and income tax are closely related. Nation's income depends on income tax. Governments of many companies gives relaxation in income tax when you buy a insurance cover.
August 26, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJonathan banks
I completely agree with the video! To be honest, I'd even consider the council tax a kind of an income tax, because at the end of the day, it does go to the government. And council tax is earnings-dependent, even though it may not seam to be that way. How many low-earners on benefits are actually paying council tax? While hard-working people are paying even £200/month in some areas of the UK...

I think if you also add all the tax that you are paying on items you are buying, from energy and alcohol, to clothes and other items, you might end up paying 60%-70% in tax from your earnings, which leaves you with 30%-40% from your earnings.

While large corporations (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc) are paying 5% or even less in tax, due to their well thought tax avoidance schemes, also known as double Irish, and Dutch sandwich, Bermuda triangle, etc...

Where is the fairness in this world?
October 13, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterIncome Tax
Editor Permission Required
While we are migrating to a new site design, you must have editing permission for this entry in order to post comments.